• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Isaac Bickerstaff

Noelle

I am looking for any information regarding Isaac Bickerstaff. He was my Husbands maternal great great grandfather. He was born around 1818 in Birmingham. His wife was Caroline, but I don't have any marriage details. Their daughter Jane was Born around 1850 and her mother died soon after.

Isaac was a besom maker and they lived in Rushall, although the census returns all say her was born in Birmingham. I have found one or two references to Isaac as being from St Philips Birmingham and also St Martin’s Birmingham.

If anyone could help in any way I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Noelle

Hi Noelle,

Welcome to the forum. I have found an Isaac Bickerstaff baptised at St martins in 1817
I think it says 1st ? September 1817 Isaac son of Isaac and Jane Bickerstaff abode Stafford Street - father occupation Button maker.

Could this be your Isaac? Will carry on looking for marriage etc.

It will not be the same person, but, as the name is not very common, I would think they might well be related. In 1851 & 1961 The Rev. Isaac Bickerstaff is listed in local directories as curate of All Saints Church, West bromwich

Used to work with someone called Bickerstaff, he lived in Wellington, Shropshire but communted to Tyseley everyday to work on the Railway. Gerry was his first name.

Back