• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

iPad update this week

Trebor

master brummie
Since I updated my iPad this week to the latest IOS every time I go onto a site such as this and others where I used to stay logged into, even though I click remember me, it is not remembering me and I am having to log in every time, is anyone else having this problem.

Regards trebor (Rita)

Hi Rita
I've got the latest update 7.1.1 and stay logged in provided I tick 'Remember Me' before entering my username.
oldmohawk
ps. It might be worth clearing all cookies and history and then switch off with the 'long press' on the top button.

Last edited:
Thanks old Mohawk I have done what you suggested. It seems to have worked at the moment, I will let you know.

Well I have just gone on to two sites that I use and I have had to log in again, even though I had clicked remember me.

i may have to pay a visit to the Apple store in Solihull, there are a couple of other issues that need looking at.

Perhaps your iPad might be blocking or not holding the 'remember me' cookie which the forum sends out. As a final check before visiting Apple, go into 'Settings' - 'Safari' - 'Block Cookies' and try the 'Never' setting.

An interesting point is, if you set it to always block cookies, you won't even be able to log in ....
If you also have a Windows computer you can actually see a list of the cookies that the forum sends out.

Back