• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Invited to see the quacks

Brenda

master brummie
When I was 5 or 6 years old and living in Frederick Rd in Selly Oak I had a friend across the road who lived in the pre-fabs. Her father asked me if I would like to go with them to see the quacks.

I got all excited and asked my Mom if I could go to which she agreed so I got dressed up and off we went. Oh dear! We went to a large house at the top of the road and on the corner of Bristol Road where we sat for ages doing nothing and then came home.

It wasn't for many years until that I learnt that "The quacks" meant doctors!!!! I thought that we were going to see ducks in a park.:(:cry:

re the quack

BRENDA,i said to the receptionist can i make a appiontment with the quack,and she give me daggers,i said it before thinking,she said do you mean dr**** yes please said i.

Back