• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Info on ww1 relative?

brummie76

Brummie babby
Hello

I am trying to find out any info or if i am lucky enough a photo of my relative who died during the Great War.

His name was Alfred James Jeavons. He served with the 1st Royal Warwickshire Regiment and his service number was 24804.

Does anyone have access to any info regarding him please? I was hoping there may have been an entry in a local newspaper of his death on 30th August 1918 perhaps?

Any info thankfully received!

Thanks in advance

Paul

hi paul was alfred born in brum?? and when was he born if you know that...also his next of kins name is useful

lyn

hi paul was alfred born in brum?? and when was he born if you know that...also his next of kins name is useful

lyn

Hi

I belive he was from Kates Hill, Dudley and he is listed on the Dudley war memorial.

His Father was a William Jeavons and mother was Eliza Hill (Jeavons)... she could have been called elsie or similar?

Paul

according to find my past alfreds war records did not survive ww2 all that is coming up is that he died in france...maybe somone who is subbed to ancestry could just double check that...

lyn

according to find my past alfreds war records did not survive ww2 all that is coming up is that he died in france...maybe somone who is subbed to ancestry could just double check that...

lyn

Hi

He did not survive ww1 and he is listed on the CWG Website.... Just trying to get more info on his service or even a newspaper article regarding his death perhaps....?

sorry if i have confused you paul...what i was trying to say is it looks like alfreds ww1 army service records did not survive the bombings of ww2....so many were lost im afraid...you could always join the british newsapaper archives to see if there was any reports of alfreds death..hope this helps.

lyn

Last edited:
Back