• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ilmington road school weoley castle

It’s strange how differently we see our old teachers. I always saw Mr Roberts a decent man, fair and quite understanding. If I remember correctly he was a prisoner of the Japanese Army and saw cruelty beyond belief so I’m surprised that he has been described as a child beater. Shame he’s not able to defend himself.
Shame he’s not able to defend himself. ?? Yes I agree. A one to one with him once I was old enough to deal out what he gave to us poor souls would give me some closure.

I was at Illmington Road School from1953to 1955 and knew Markuson,Small Puddifat, Robert’s etc
There we’re some bullies there like Hyslop and his friends

Last I heard, Markason, in Prison, Small and Roberts both Passed, went back on leave in 1964, and Small was in a wheel Chair, after a stroke, all gone now even the school is a housing estate!!

Back