• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

I need help!!

star43

master brummie
View attachment 29571

Hope I have done this right. Can anybody help me out with deciphering this entry on a birth certificate. It reads Ellen Ankcorn formerly !!!!!????.
The one bit of info I wanted and I can't make it out. Would be grateful for any ideas.

i cant make it out, may be better to print the whole cert to compare the letters. who was ellen married to and when and where about married? maybe we could find a similar name when she was with parents??

in inkberrow in 1841 there is an ellen wiggan. i wonder if it could be wiggan/wiggen with a fancy "bit" before the w

on the igi there is a christening of helen wiggins 15 jan 1821

father samuel mother mary

there are MANY spelling mistakes especially on the censuses. im not saying that is the person but it is certainly a possibility. :rolleyes:

it may well be wiggan if you look at the t in first column thirteenth the T is similar so it could be triggan:rolleyes: have lightened picture it may help:)

Last edited:
I think it's WIGGEN. Trace the start letter and you will see it's a W. I saw it earlier in the day and couldn't decide then just by accident started going over the letters and it was as clear as day ;)

Back