• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hurley family Aston

tadrussell

proper brummie kid
I am Looking for information on the Hurley family .My father was John R Hurley ; D O B 10 Oct 1935-1982 , he had a brother Neil ,not known if still alive ! My Grandfather was John joseph Hurley; D O B; Sept 1908-1976 buried Unknown ? He married ;Florence May (nee Felkin ) in 1930 ; ,year of her death ; Buried /cremated unknown , any information members could help me with would be appreciated . I would really like to find out whereabouts my grandparents were Buried /Cremated .Also any info about my Paternal Gt grandparents would be helpfull :unconscious: Many thanks in anticipation

Re: Searching Hurley family Aston

hello

Do you have this.

1911 Aston Birmingham RG/14 18179

46 Talfourd Street Small heath
John Hurley age 27 Iron Smelter born Oldbury Staffordshire
Emma wife age 26 married 5 years born 3 years 3 still alive rest born Birmingham
Emily May dau age 4 years
Annie dau age 4 days
John Joseph Hurley son age 2

Pam

hello

Do you have this.

1911 Aston Birmingham RG/14 18179

46 Talfourd Street Small heath
John Hurley age 27 Iron Smelter born Oldbury Staffordshire
Emma wife age 26 married 5 years born 3 years 3 still alive
Emily May dau age 4 years
Annie dau age 4 days
John Joseph Hurley son age 2

Pam
Many thanks for the imformation , would you mind telling me where you found it ,really appreciated your help :emmersed:

Hello

I am amember of Ancestry
Neilson Hurley born sept quarter 1939 mother Felkin Birmingham Warwickshire 6d 728

John 1935

?? Pauline M Hurley 1933 mother Felkin Birmingham Warwickshire 6d 119

Pam

Hello again

Have not found Florences death or Neil/Neilson

But

1901 RG13/2864 folio 55 page 22 Aston Warwickshire

67 Talfourd Street
David Hurley age 55 lab Iron maker born Oldbury Warwickshire
Elizabeth wife age 55 shopkeeper fish own account at home Langley Green Oldbury
John son age 17 brickyard lab born Oldbury War
Benjamin son age 14 errend boy Oldbury
Anne dau age 11 Oldbury
George son age 10 Oldbury
Richard son age 8 Birmingham

1891 census Oldbury is in Worcestershire

Pam

On the 1935 Electoral Roll Florence May is shown at 7 Ash Ave. Runcorn Road. Balsall Heath Ward.

On the 1935 Absent Voters List John Joseph is shown as registered at that address but is shown as 5107773 Pte Royal Warwickshire Regt.

They are shown on other Electoral Roll Lists.

Barrie.

Many thanks for all your help and information ,you never cease to amaze me ,

tadrussell.
Taking a step away from your paternal line and onto the Felkins. I do not have much info as this line married into my step maternal line. I pass the little I have onto but apart from it being a red herring may assist you should you look into the Felkin Line.

Alfred Felkin married my step aunt a Lilian Blount (Blunt) born 1902 in about 1920 in Aston. Lilian died in 1996 in Acocks Green, Birmingham. They had four children Gladys Felkin born 1920 to 1992, a Joan Felkin born 1922 to 1990, a Edwin Afred Felkin (Known as 'Sonny') born November, 1923 to 1974 and Albert Richard Felkin d.o.b. u/k died 1994 at Claverdon, Warwickshire. All this is by word of mouth and not researched as it not truly of my direct line.

Hope it may be of future help. Will.

Tadrussell, if your family are from Oldbury as quoted by 'down-under' you could try www.genealogyforum.co.uk who are really helpful on anything that has to do with black country as Oldbury was and still is. I have checked and there are mentiones of Hurley. Good luck

Possibly of passing interest. The Hurleys must have moved to Talfourd St not long before the 1901 census as the 1900 Kellys directory does not list them and 67 is occupied by William Wesson. Shopkeeper. In 1903-1905 John Hurley is listed as a shopkeeper there, but by 1908 the number is not listed ( nor no 46). Possibly it is between those dates that Elizabeth gave up the fish shop and they moved.

My cousin who was now died was friends with Eileen Hurley who would be about 76 years old now. I believe they went to Summer Lane School, Aston. A few years ago I managed to reunite them, Eileen had moved from the Birmingham area, I don't remember where. Hope this might help.

Theres a Florence May Hurley born 11th May 1908 and died July qtr 1989 in Birmingham.

Can i thank all of you who have searched and reply to my question,re The Hurley family .
You are a group of very patient and kind people who help people like me make some progree with our family tree ;0
many thanks again

does anyone know of david hurley and wife jane elizabeth hurley who lived in talfourd st in the 1900s

David hurley married Jane Elizabeth Taylor in 1898 aston
1901 living as boarders in Talfourd street.
1911 living at 58 Talfourd Street.

Hurley /Taylor children are
David 1898
George 1901
John 1904
Samuel 1906
Elizabeth 1909
Mary Ann 1911
Albert 1913
Annie 1915
Benjamin 1916
Rose 1919

Jane Elizabeth Hurley born Kings Heath 1878 died in 1933 age 55

David Hurley born Oldbury 1878 died in 1935 age 57

I would like to thank everyone for being so kind and helpful :excitement:
My Hurley / Felkin tree causes me such a headache !
It never ceases to amaze me how and where you find all your information .
I seem to Hunt around for endless hours and come up with nothing ;
Once again thank you all
gail
xxx

thank you for that info alberta. a few extra bits of info, according to genes reunited jane e hurley was born in aston in 1877. jane was 21 when she got married in st saviours. david and jane both lived in barn st at the time of the marriage. by the time rose was born they were living at 8 house 6 court talfourd st. do you know if there was any connection with the rest of the hurleys in talfourd st? they all come from oldbury and lived close to each other in talfourd st. and where was barn st and does it still exist?

hi again alberta. can you tell me where the hurley family were living when the parents died and where they are buried. thanks again.

Back