• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Humphries/McNab / Green/Sambrook. Small Heath

harryrages

knowlegable brummie
:-\
Looking for contacts or information on / about
William 'Bill' Humphries who kept a shop in Greenway Street.  His wife was Lizzie (McNab) and they lived in Floyer Road as did their sons Ken and Roland (my father). Bills dad James was a gun engineer and lived in Oldknow Road until his death.  Roland was a member of the Brighton Angling club and Roly still has the many trophies he won at match fishing during the 1950's.  Both he and Bill were also attendees at the Custard Club. Also interested in tracing any Sambrook contacts related to Mary Ann Sambrook (Father Francis) - she became Mary Ann McNab and worked at Williams Electric Laundry in Greenway Street.
Also any knowledge of William Claud Harold Green - wife Clara (Forrester) who were at 5 Woodbine Avenue off Wright Street from 1915 onwards until late 30's. William was a fine banjo player my mother Maisie tells me.
Any contacts or info would be great.

Gerald - Scotland

Re: HUMPHRIES in Small Heath

William H Humphries was still a shop keeper at 10 greenway street in 1962, and did indeed live at 225 Floyer Road at the same period in time.

Back