• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

HS2 Archaeology

The Revd Lucy Winkett has a Birmingham connection having studied theology at Birmingham university. I always wondered about that grassy mound with a clump of trees near Euston station. I wonder who made the cardboard figures? Perhaps Birmingham will have an exhibition of unearthed materials?

The Revd Lucy Winkett has a Birmingham connection having studied theology at Birmingham university. I always wondered about that grassy mound with a clump of trees near Euston station. I wonder who made the cardboard figures? Perhaps Birmingham will have an exhibition of unearthed materials?
Stockier, I thought (could be mistaken) that the figures were made using a 3D process.

Stockier, I thought (could be mistaken) that the figures were made using a 3D process.
Yes Richard, but the Royal College of Arts and doubtless other design schools teach students how to use such tools. I was curious about the makers, I guess I was making a point about anonymous makers compared with the people in the video who are called by their Christian names in that irritating corporate way.

Yes Richard, but the Royal College of Arts and doubtless other design schools teach students how to use such tools. I was curious about the makers, I guess I was making a point about anonymous makers compared with the people in the video who are called by their Christian names in that irritating corporate way.
I never and still don’t understand the name thing! When I was growing up at school we were all called by our surname which I thought was demeaning and controlling. And now Christian names! What’s wrong with your given name, that why we have one! Getting off topic, and to think someone actually gets paid for this. Talk about waste!

I never and still don’t understand the name thing! When I was growing up at school we were all called by our surname which I thought was demeaning and controlling. And now Christian names! What’s wrong with your given name, that why we have one! Getting off topic, and to think someone actually gets paid for this. Talk about waste!
It could be that corporate workers are anonymous in videos, but the company wants to portray a friendly attitude. So everyone is referred to by their first name. Lucy Winkett is very well known media figure in the church. The HR types and management used to talk about the Vice Chancellor by his first name while we lowly academics muttered sarcastically. But it is part of news management and publicity. Back on topic/

The HS 2 archeology team have been successful in uncovering many features of past life along the route from Birmingham to London. It will be of interest to see what will be revealed on the line to Crewe.

As to the locomotive shed which is now buried again, will it ever be seen again, I wonder.

Back