• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

HOUSEHOLD GADGETS FROM THE PAST

We hardly ever use our kettle. Once a day, to boil a small amount of water to go into the dogs food. Neither of us drink tea., only coffee, and that from a machine..

Steve.

Copper kitchen products, kettles, saucepans. skillets/frying pans and a multitude of moulds and other accessories were fine when you had the staff to clean them. ;)
I have one kettle. Plus three frying pans - all with tinned interiors - but they are not used that often. They are French and heavy.

The electric water heater reminds me of gas Ascott water heaters. Caused many fatalities and eventually resulted in legislation and CORGI. Viv.

Change of gadget. Well more of a tool. Does anyone else use a "cobweb" brush round the ceilings and corners?
I use my Gran's brush and as she died in 1969 it must be over 60 years old. I suspect it was a Betterwear buy (remember them?).
Just in case anyone can't remember.

Attachments

• 20230809_180415.jpg
    20230809_180415.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Change of gadget. Well more of a tool. Does anyone else use a "cobweb" brush round the ceilings and corners?
I use my Gran's brush and as she died in 1969 it must be over 60 years old. I suspect it was a Betterwear buy (remember them?).
Just in case anyone can't remember.
Janice, we still have them here. They come with a couple of style brushes(fluffers) and extensions for the pole.

Back