• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Horton Family Harborne

D

Dudleylad

My great great great great grandmother seems to have been a woman called Emma Horton born 1838 in Harborne she married William Marshall in 1862 I believe

Her siblings seem to have owned a glasses maker in Harborne High Street aswell as a grocers.

I wonder if anyone on here is desended from the Hortons I mention and I would love to hear from them

Re horton harborne
I have recently started compiling a family tree. My maternal grandmother was susannah Maria horton ,daughter of a grocer in high street harborne. Have a few details of relatives etc. if interested please contact me.

This is interesting. I am led to believe my great grandfather had a grocer shop on Harborne High street.

There's also a John Horton listed as Grocer on High St, Harborne in 1881. His was one of 24 Horton families in the Harborne parish in 1881, a couple more in the grocery trade - a Samuel and a Thomas - though not on High St.

Back