• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Horrell (NEE Deeley) Sarah Elizabeth

B

Brian Coney

My grandmother Sarah Deeley was born in Handsworth in 1872. She moved to Ilfracombe Devon and married Samuel Horrell in 1900. She moved back to Birmingham and lived in Turner St Sparkhill. She died in 1923 at 2, Raddlebarn Rd. Selly Oak. Does anyone know of the "Deeleys" or of Turner St or Raddlebarn Rd ?

Many thanks

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum, 2,Raddlebarn Road was the address of Kings Norton Union Workhouse and Infirmary, which became Selly Oak Hospital in about 1900.Suggestions are that no.2 was the address of the Registry Office at the hospital.

Colin

I assume Raddlebarn Road and Lane are one and the same??

On 1901 census 2 Raddlebarn Road, Selly Oak seems to be a house occupied by Walter Stevens age 42 from Selly Oak and his wife Sarah

Steve

Back