• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Horrell (nee Deeley Saeah Elizabeth )

B

Brian Coney

I would be grateful for any information on the Deeley family. Sarah Deeley was my grandmother and was born in Grove Rd,Handsworth in 1872. Her parents were Edward and Florence She married Samuel Horrell in 1900 in Ilfracombe Devon, but appears to have come back to Birmingham around 1920 and lived in Sparkhill, Turner St. Has anyone any information about members of the Deeley family?

Sarah E. Deeley
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1873
Father's Name:Edward
Mother's Name:Florence
Where born:Birmingham, Warwickshire,
Civil Parish:Aston County/Island:Warwickshire Country:England
Street address:6 Back of 24 Lawden RdEducation:
Clara E. Deeley4
Edward Deeley51
Edward H. Deeley10
Florence Deeley33
Florence Deeley7
Francis Deeley5
Honouria Deeley1
Sarah E. Deeley8

Her birth

Name:Sarah Elizabeth Deeley
Year of Registration:1872
Quarter of Registration:Apr-May-Jun District:West Bromwich County:Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire

Name:Edward Deeley
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1831
Spouse's Name:Florence
Ernest Deeley5
Florence Deeley43
Florence Deeley18
Francis Deeley17
Mary Deeley7
William Deeley

Looks like they had a large family!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah Deeley

Thank you very much.
I had found Sarah on the 1881 census, but not on the 1891 census
I found Sarah on the 1901 census married to Samuel, my grandfather, and living in Devon. I have not found her on the 1891 census.
Yes it was a large family!
Sarah was the second wife of Samuel; He married for a third time and family legend has it that he had 20 children !!!
Thanks again for all the information.

Back