• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hop-picking

Fabulous story cadeau I never heard of brummies "op" picking I thought it a purely a cockney thing, also I have often wondered why or how a brummie wound up living in Belgium, I was a partner once in the 70's with a great bloke called "Lucian Paquet" who owned a Peugeot dealership in Mon's and wanted a Brit to help sell cars in the S.H.A.P.E HQ and who had the nessessary security clearence which I had, it was a great partnership for both he was also "Director General of the Importation des auto's Benelux" so I had some great invites in Brussells to dinners and "Do's", sadley he suffered a stroke whilst driving his 604 just outside Paris in 1979 and died. I certainly enjoyed my assocation with a country I knew very little about. One thing that doe's stick in my mind was the absolute hatred between the Fleme and walloon, it really reminded me of Northern Ireland and I remember thinking on more than one occassion that this could lead to some form of civil strife or war.
Paul

Lovely reading Graham, makes you feel peaceful imagining warm late summer days in the country.

Thanks to cousins Rose & Pat! I re-posted you this link because I know you've only been on the forum for a short while; welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay among all the good people here, x.

Back