• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Holy Trinity Church Camp Hil Lookups

Dianne

master brummie
Hi,

does anyone have any records of marriages (1866) between Samuel Woodley and Maria Jones, all I know is they married 4th September 1866 "Bordesley" warwick England ( info from IGI) .. failing that can anyone give me names of churches for that area etc.

many thanks

Dianne :)

Hi Dianne

The church that the IGI refers to is most certainly the "Holy Trinity" church, Bordesley. It's the now disused church standing near the old Camp Hill flyover just by Bordesley station. I have researched many of my ancestors there. I will more than likely be going to the Birmingham reference library next week so i could check the register and get a photo copy of the marriage if you like.

Regards

Steve

Hi Dianne

I have been to the Birmingham Reference Library to-day and have found the copy of the marriage certificate for Samuel Woodley and Maria Jones dated MARCH (not Sept as per IGI) 4th 1866 at the venue of Holy Trinity church in Bordesley, Birmingham. The cerificate reads;
Samuel Woodley, 26, bachelor, and a coppersmith living at Camp Hill married Maria Jones, a 25 year old spinster living in the High Street married on the 4 March 1866 at the Holy Trinity church Bordesley, Birmingham. Samuel's Father was Samuel Woodley a coppersmith. Maria's Father was John Jones, a Tailor. Samuel and Maria signed the register as did witnesses John Jones and Rebecca Eanlaley??????

If you I M me with your e mail address i can send you a copy of the certificate.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thankyou so much for finding this out for me .. I am so grateful.. if I can return the favour at any time please let me know ..

In the meantime I will IM you my e-mail address and once again ...Thankyou x

Back