• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Holtom Rebecca Wiliamson

Brummiebell

master brummie
Looking for any info re Rebecca born 1860 who was my G. Grandmother. She married William Richard Holtom in 1891 but I can't find her on any census in this year or after. I have fould a Rebecca but she is not married and has a daughter who I have no knowledge of, however her neighbour is a Joseph Mathews who is one of the witnesses on her marrage cert and I believe may have married her sister Ruth. So unsure if this is her. Any info very welcome.

Re: Rebecca Wiliamson Holtom

Would this be her,transcribed in 1901 as Holton?
Rebecca Holton, Head Widow aged 41 born 1860 Aston B'ham,Hawker Of Pikelets
William Holton Son aged 9 born 1892 B'ham
Ada Holton Daughter aged 7 born 1894 B'ham
Harry Holton Son aged 5 born 1896 B'ham
Sarah A Wallis, Boarder Widow aged 77 born 1824 Brandon Warwickshire,Blind For Years
Walter Holton Son aged 4 born 1897 Aston B'ham
Ellen Forster, Lodger Widow aged 41 born 1860 Coleshill,Japanner,
Address: 5, Vyse Street, Aston Manor
Rebecca Williamson,Head Widow aged 32 born 1859 Birmingham Pikelet Maker
Charlotte R Williamson, Daughter 1 born 1890 Birmingham
Address: 1 Back 23, Scholefield Street, Aston, Birmingham
Births Jun 1890
Charlotte Rosetta Williamson Aston 6d 300
Marriages Jun 1891
Rebecca Williamson Aston 6d 450
Richard Holton Aston 6d 450

and could the Sarah A Wallis (in 1901)be her mother who remarried?
Marriages Dec 1873
Sarah Ann WILLIAMSON Aston 6d 539
John Wallis Aston 6d 539

Hello ladylinda, Thank you for finding all that for me. That is definitely my Rebecca and I found the 1891 record but had the daughter down as Charlotta B Williamson so was unsure if it was her. Rebecca had a daughter born before she married called Rose so this all fits, we had no idea that Rose's name was Charlotta, so that is a real find. Also Sarah Ann could very well have remarried so that gives me more information, and having the addresses is wonderful as I have some lovely pictures of her and her children so may be able to place them. Thank you again Maria ( Ps thanks for IM very very useful)

Back