• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Historian needed to give talk at Library.

Rupert Rid

Brummie babby
Hi, I am a member of the Friends of Weoley Castle Library and we are organising talks on various subjects. So I am trying to find someone who knows the history of buses in South Birmingham who could give us a talk. We have a projector and microphone. We also provide refreshments on the day.

Any pointers, contacts, or advice would be very welcome

Hi Rupert

Welcome to Birmingham History Forum. There are a number of members of this forum who are very knowledgeable regarding busses and trams. So maybe they may wish to contract you directly if they are willing to do talks.

I do know a chap who does talks about the History of Birmingham Corporation Tramways if he would be of any use.

I am quite an experienced historian and speaker, but busses are not my subject. However here is a link to what I am currently doing at the moment.

I am more than happy to support local groups.

Hi Rupert

Welcome to Birmingham History Forum. There are a number of members of this forum who are very knowledgeable regarding busses and trams. So maybe they may wish to contract you directly if they are willing to do talks.

I do know a chap who does talks about the History of Birmingham Corporation Tramways if he would be of any use.

I am quite an experienced historian and speaker, but busses are not my subject. However here is a link to what I am currently doing at the moment.

Just OUTSTANDING!

Hi Rupert

Thank you for replying. I will pass your link onto the Friends group and then be in touch.

Hi Rupert

We would be interested in your talk on Weeping Angels as we have a Victorian cemetery on our doorstep. Could you message me days when you are available? Saturday mornings would be most suitable for us but we are happy to change that if more suited to you.

We would be interested in your talk on Weeping Angels as we have a Victorian cemetery on our doorstep. Could you message me days when you are available? Saturday mornings would be most suitable for us but we are happy to change that if more suited to you.
Message sent.

Back