• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hines-Randall

S

shines26

Hi

I am trying to estalish whether there are other members of my family still living in Birmingham or elsewhere. My grandparents were Ronald and Winifred Hines-Randall they were originally from Birmingham but settled in Buckinghamshire.

If you an help i'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Winifred and Ronald married in 1949, do you know how old they were when they were married? or your grandparents year of birth?

Thanks for your reply. My grandad, Ronald was born in August 1928 and my nan Winifred Edna was born in October 1930. My nans maiden name was Packwood.

Thanks

there seem to be three children born with surname hines-randall and mothers maiden name packwood

mary born apr-jun 1950 in bham

anne p born apr-jun 1951 in bham (married david jeffries in 1973 huntindonshire)

and david born apr-jun 1958 in st. neots herts, huntingdonshire, suffolk, norfolk (married alyson h bliss in 1977 buckinghamshire)

Last edited:
Thers two Ronald Randalls born 1928, one mothers surname Stevens, the other Probert, do any of these names ring a bell?

in 1901 at wesley rd erdington bham

john HAINES 29 joiner b. aston
emma (wife) 26 b. bromsgrove

harry packwood (brother in law) 20 brass polisher b. bromsgrove

i also notice that on the 1950 electoral rolls

harry and nellie a packwood were living with ronald hines-randall at 506 kings rd. kingstanding

I have a birth certificate of George Longbottom born in Birmingham in 1874 who's mother was Mary Ann .. maiden name Hines-Randel. but on her marriage to Alfred Longbottom in 1867 her maidin name was just Hinds, father was Richard Hinds a hawker, I don't know if this of relavance to you.

David is my dad, Anne is my aunt and I beleive another child was still born. This could be Mary, I will ask my dad about my grandad's mums maiden name as I am not sure about this. Thanks to everyone for their input, its really helpful.

Hi

I am trying to estalish whether there are other members of my family still living in Birmingham or elsewhere. My grandparents were Ronald and Winifred Hines-Randall they were originally from Birmingham but settled in Buckinghamshire.

Thanks
A little late for this reply.
There were several variants on the spelling, depending on who was recording births, etc.
My branch of the family is spelled Hines-Randle. There are several members of the family still in Birmingham, Coleshill and Coventry, while I’ve been living in Cornwall for years.

We’ve traced the family back to Hannah Randal and Richard Hines (sometimes recorded as Hinds) back in the 1830’s. Do you know if your side of family is descended from their children Henry or George?

Hope you read this.

I dont know if its any help to you, George Longbottom was born in 1874 to Alfred Longbottom & Mary Ann Hines Randel Mary Ann was born in 1847 to Richard William Hines ( born 1804 in Birmingham) & Eliza ? born 1816 in (Linconshire/ Lestershire ?

Hi

Thanks
You had a response from my partner Drandle57 further down the page. I have researched his family. Ronald Hines-Randle is his 2nd cousin 1 x removed. Ronald married Winifed Edna Packman in 1949. You are correct that they did have a child called Mary who was born in the 2nd Qtr of 1950 who died - Mary and her siblings are my partner's 3rd cousin. She is buried in Key Hill Cemetery, Birmingham. Ronald's father was Andrew Hines-Randle (1903-1962) who married Lillian Helena Probert (1903-1992) in Bishop Ryder in 1923. Andrew's father is Henry Hines-Randle (1863-1931) who married Emma Mary Johnson (1871-1929). Henry's father was Henry Hines-Randle(1838-1901) who married Jane Anderson (1843-1933) in 1862 This Henry is my partner's 2 x great grandfather. You do have living relatives.

Back