• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help with camera.

robert

master brummie
I have been handed a Pentax ME super. Can any one tell me any thing about it. ie.is it worth keeping, if so can you still get film ect.

Thanks Robert.

Hi
Yes it's a good camera, I had one for a long time. You can still buy film it is 35mm & if you want to do slides then that could be a problem but 35mm print film is still fairly popular.
Most people now use digital even some of the pro's as they can mail their shots immediately.
I would recommend you but 100ASA film, initially it doesn't matter whose make but if you go to Jessops they will advise you better.
Cheers
Dave Rock

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but

Can I get pictures of 'old slides'? Thought I would ask Jessops. Miriam.

Sound advice as usual from Lyn. Thanks Alf will check it out later.

Suprised Patty has'nt chipped in.

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but

Can I get pictures of 'old slides'? Thought I would ask Jessops. Miriam.

Yes Miriam and it might be worth looking at alternatives to Jessops though the fact that they are on the High Street may outweigh the benefit of a lower internet price. Boots might also off the service by the way and I know our local independent photo shop (whose main branch is in Sutton Coldfield) offers this service.

If I were you I would get both prints and a CD/DVD.

Robert i am keeping an eye on the thread lol
I am saving myself for when I have to install this hard drive I've bought, havent got the energy to have a go yet but beware I will be back

Hello Bernie De'Boult. Thank you for information. What is the name of the shop in Sutton please. Miriam.

Oh I'm good to you ;)

Frosts Photos Centre

280a Lichfield Rd,
Mere Green,
Sutton Coldfield,
West Midlands
B74 2UG

Tel: 0121 323 2419

I am not in a position to make a recommendation other than the Knowle shop used to be run by a really good photographer and his senior assistant still works there. It is a family business so bit more of the personal touch.

Back