• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

help wanted please

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks just trying to find out if a ww1 soldier belongs to me...i have looked on ancestry for his war records but no luck so far..would appreciate it if i could have some help in double checking...all i have to go on is..

W R HARRINGTON (dont know what the W R stands for)
MIL DATE 1916
4/18 CARVER ST
RANK mm pte...(i dont know what mm stands for)
east lancs regiment
section v1 birmingham..

reason i think he could be mine is on the 1871 census at no 15 carver st i have my gt gt grandad henry harrington with wife martha and my gt grandad henry harrington just a few months old..they did go onto have another son william b abt 1875...could be just a coinsidence though..

thanks for any help folks...

lyn

Last edited:
On the 1918 and 1919 absent voters electoral roll there is a William Richard Harrington living 4 court 6 Carver St, regiment E.Lancs.

He could be the William Richard Harrington registered Sep qtr 1895, B'Ham.

Maybe the son of William Richard and Margaret Harrington.

William Richard Harrington snr might be the son of James and Mary Harrington, registered Sep qtr, B'Ham though he may have been baptised earlier.

Listed as just Richard sometimes, married Margaret Dillon Sep qtr 1884, in Oldham.

once again MWS many thanks for your help...i have done a lot of research on my harrington side and those names mean nothing to me im afraid...like i said its most likely a coninsidence but i will try and track back just to make sure...

lyn

Back