• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help needed reading birth certificate

Phlegmasia cerulea dolens found via a Google search. It seems to be a rare condition linked to leg thrombosis which can, if untreated, lead to gangrene.

Janice

Thanks Maurice..... I always feel so thick when someone points it out because when you then take a look (albeit armed with the answer) it seems so obvious!!
Thanks again, I appreciate your input.

Thanks Janice... looks likely (I was reading it as a 'D' rather than 'C').

I have just been reading up on it and as it's linked to gangrene, and what with pregnancy increasing the risk of Thrombosis (DVT) this seems to be what it is (although worded slightly differently... but then we are talking 1869).

it sounds as if your gt, gt grandmother suffered quite a lot before she died. It must have been an awful time for the family with two new babies in the house too.
I am so pleased the certificate proved that Abraham was the correct baby - well done bewdley!
Thanks for sharing the certificates with us - what a great result for your family research.

You're very welcome. Sharing the information is the least I could do.

I'm over the moon with all the help and feedback.

Yes it must have been a tough time for them all and we can only imagine what it must have been like.

Despite it being really sad it's fantastic that two new names of Mary Ann Palmer nee Barber and Abraham (forgotten and lost in the mists of time) have surfaced and have taken their rightful place on the family tree.
And that doesn't include the research into Mary Ann's parents and siblings.

And to think this all came about because I posted my Great Grandfather's birth certificate and asked what was written in the 'when and where born' column!!

Thanks to everyone's input and interest.

Back