• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Heaths in Birmingham (early 1800s)

W

wickens

Hi,

I am searching for the birth/cristening details of my ancestors on my Dad's side, Abraham Heath, born about 1779 and Mary Tench born abt. 1783.

I have looked in some detail in the parish registers in the Birmingham central library but as yet no sign of them. I know they married in Oct 1802 - have found the parish register for St.Edburgha, Yardley. Have also found many of their children via IMI records, but as yet not the parish records.

Any suggestions would be welcome, especially if anyone has these people in the family trees.

Many thanks,

Bob Heath
:)

Family Search IGI Records

Hi Alf,

Thanks for the reply and suggested lead. I have used similar searches before - that is how I found the children of Abraham & Mary (should have said IGI not IMI in my first request for help).

I have retried the search you suggest and this came up with details of Abraham and Mary plus their son Abraham (b1805). However I really want to go backwards to their birth/christening and preferably their parents - cannot find the details on IGI and would prefer the real parish records as I understand the IGI records can be inaccurate. I found the details of Abraham & Mary's marriage through the Greater Birmingham Marriage Index provided by BMSGH - went to their library in the Midland Institute (this index now also online).

Thanks once again thanks for the help - anything else would be very much appreciated.

Back