• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Heath Street memory

nimrod1947

master brummie
Hi it's me again. this photo is of me and my brother outside 11/381 Heath Street. Don't know the name of the horse because he belonged to the rag merchant Parkers in Heath Street. I also remember a Harold Moult who lived up the same street but on the other side I think he was a rag merchant as well. My Dad worked for Parkers for a time.
We went to Newcastle to visit his parents, my grandparents. I was told not to mention where my Dad worked and being rather young and still not at school I couldn't wait to tell them my Dad was a tatter.
I should mention this didn't go down too well with my Dad and I was given a good telling off. I would have pleaded not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibity but I didn't know what it meant, still don't. I think it's something to do with getting away with murder. I must remember that could come in useful someday!!
I must say the horse was in our garden and no idea how he got there, he's certainly no Grand National contender!!Me and brother.jpg..png

Back