• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hawthorn Road School Football Team 1962-3

bear & ragged staff

Brummie babby
View attachment hawthorn rd football team 1962-3_edited-2.jpg

A photograph of Hawthorn Road football team 1962-3 season. We either won the league or finished runners up - can't remember but I still have the medal somewhere. Shame the picture is black and white because the shirts were red and green - avant garde for the day. Anyway, can anyone help me with a few names - seated left to right Phillip Tandy? - Mr. Foulkes (headmaster) - ??? - Mr. Bestwetherick (sports teacher) - Alan Winfield - standing left to right - ??? - ??? - John Keirl (me) - ??? = ??? - Christopher Bough - Barry Sabin - Stuart Baxter and Stephen Owen.

what a smashing photo..nice and clear...hope someone can help you with the names

lyn

View attachment 135830

A photograph of Hawthorn Road football team 1962-3 season. We either won the league or finished runners up - can't remember but I still have the medal somewhere. Shame the picture is black and white because the shirts were red and green - avant garde for the day. Anyway, can anyone help me with a few names - seated left to right Phillip Tandy? - Mr. Foulkes (headmaster) - ??? - Mr. Bestwetherick (sports teacher) - Alan Winfield - standing left to right - ??? - ??? - John Keirl (me) - ??? = ??? - Christopher Bough - Barry Sabin - Stuart Baxter and Stephen Owen.
Ronnie Westwood on the left, derek turner goalkeeper. That was not the year we won the league it was the year after. Will put some photos up tomorrow. John Pollard was the captain.

Last edited:
Ronnie Westwood on the left, derek turner goalkeeper. That was not the year we won the league it was the year after. Will put some photos up tomorrow. John Pollard was the captain.

Attachments

• scan101924907.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • scan102146561 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • scan10252792.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • scan102343105 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Back