• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Harrison John

malta

welsh brummie
I am trying to trace the descendants of my great grandfather John Harrison born abt 1853 died 1887 son of William Harrison and Emma Willetts, on the 1881 census John lived in Bellview Terrace which was then in Kings Norton, on the 1851 census William and Emma lived on the Old Chester Rd Sutton Coldfield.
Any information would be greatfully received.

Census linkages

Hi Malta:) Best to put the 1881 Census Reference numbers with
some of the details you have already posted,
This way other searchers can quickly see if they have "linkage" or
possible Neighbourhood knowledge to share with you,

I have Harrison in my Wifes lineage,, from what you have put we can,t
see connections,,but 1881 census may click better.
Best regards John Y :cool:

Last edited:
John Harrison

Hi John, Thanks for your reply. I was unable to find J.Harrison on Ancestry.co.uk. but found 1881 census on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. [strange don't you think] however the family lived in Bellview Terrace, Kings Norton. but today is known as Balsall Heath near Belgrave Rd. John had a wife eliza and sons Oliver 1877.Charles 1879.Alfred 1881.Mabel Mary 1884. and William. 1887. John died in 1887. Eliza married again. From the record given by the LDS site ref Public Records Office RG11 Piece/Foloi 2951/34 Page No 11 when entered on Ancestry it come up with Welsh and Scottish records, obviously there is probably a fault on this site
once again many thanks Malta (Wendy)

John Harrison

Hi John
The information I have is correct, because I have Birth and marriage certificates going back to William and Emma in Sutton Coldfield.
Eliza did live in Vincent Crescent Balsall Heath in 1891 with her second husband Charles Cook and the Family of Harrison's and one daughter Elsie Cook, she lived at that address untill her death in 1932, and also I believe her son William born 1887 with his wife living at that address.
Hope this is not too confusing.
Regards WENDY

Hi i am looking for any relatives of my late Grandad Edward Harrison who was born 3/5/1904 stirchley birmingham and died i think 1967 before i was born i heard he had three sisters and four brothers we know absolutely nothing about his side of the family.Any help would be great thanks.Paul

Back