• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Harris look up please.

central

proper brummie kid
Hi! First post.
Trying to find out births of James Harris and Hannah ??? children. I know of Frederick Harris Christened 6th Jan 1803 at St Martin's and also of two Sarah Harris'. One Christened 3rd Jan 1794 and the other 15th April 1800.
I presume the first Sarah Harris died. Any info would be most welcome.

Reason for looking up is that Frederick Harris is part of my direct family tree. He married Mary Ann (H)Eaton in Yardley Worcester in 1822/3.

Also interested in the Heaton side of my family as this marriage above eventually led, I believe, to a new surname being created 'Heaton Harris'. As Mary Ann Heaton, who was part of the Heaton Family that had set up the Heaton Mint and Reuben Heaton Scales manufacturer, kept the Heaton name going by Christening all their children with it as their last middle name.

Thanks

Also if anyone knows who Hannah was, surname? Would be a great help. Or even James birth or parents? A lot to ask but stuck.

Thanks

Back