• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Harris Bros Cherrywood Road

Cassy

knowlegable brummie
Hello Please does anyone know of Harris Bros manufacturers in Cherrywood Road, Bordesley Green? I believe it was at the building that still exists almost opposite Fordrough Lane. It was a family business that began making hooks and eyes around 1880 in Heanage Street, Aston. I'd be interested to know if it was still in Cherrywood Road around the 1930's. I have a photograph of a relative (William Leake whose mother was Emma Amelia Leake nee Harris) that I believe may have been taken outside the Cherrywood Road factory. He is sitting on a belt driven Levis motorcycle and I'm told that at that time they made industrial fasteners for leather belts - so it appears he was there to get his motorcycle belt fixed. With many thanks.Cherrywood Road.jpg Bill Leake.jpg

The firm was still there up till at least 1945, but had gone by 1962
Thanks so much! I think that proves as much as it is possible that the photo of William Leake was taken outside the family business.

Back