• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hardware Shop 510 Green Lane

Ian Hartwell

Brummie babby
Hi All,

Does anyone have any photos or info about a hardware shop my relative Elizabeth (Bessie) Cotton ran from possibly 1919 onwards until around WW2.

I know after that she was in London,in the 1939 register she's down as keeper of a hardware shop 510 Green Lane.

Last edited:
looks like the shop is still there although now merged with number 512 here is todays street view to form a furniture store

lyn

looks like the shop is still there although now merged with number 512 here is todays street view to form a furniture store

lyn

Yes I've looked on Google maps although it's not the old building,but I wondered if anyone remembered the shop or had old photos showing it.

Back