• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Harborne Picture House (Serpentine Road)

handlebar

master brummie
Do any members have any photo's of Harborne Picture House? Spent my childhood there but all I have is a poor picture of when it was up for auction. Do any others exist?

Thanks Carolina, but your link is to the Royalty Cinema. The Picture House was further up the High Street in Serpentine Road and has been The Village Social Club for many years. Someone will have photo's and I'm just hoping they will see my request. Very kind of you to want to help. Dave

handlebar, I think we may have communicated before elsewhere, if so you will know that I only have photos of the Harborne Picture House after it became a social club.

Attachments

• Harborne  Harborne Serpentine Rd.jpg
    Harborne Harborne Serpentine Rd.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 27
  • Harborne Picture House.jpg
    Harborne Picture House.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 19
Phil, I had seen one of the pictures elsewhere on the net but am hoping that someone will unearth a picture of the cinema in it's heyday and even better, a internal photo. Thanks for your reply.

Back