• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Handsworth - Holly Road

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures is thought to date from the 1910's.

Ian.

Hi Ian, Do you have a pic of Putney Road Handsworth? I've been looking for one for about 3 years, I think I've seen pics of almost every other road in handsworth!
Macca

I haven't got a picture of Putney Road - least not yet - but you don't know what might turn up . I'll keep an eye out.
Ian.

I lived in Putney Road from 1941 to 1962. The only photo I have was taken during the VE Celebrations and only shows about three houses towards the Robert Road end. If it's any good to you I'll look it out and scan it for you. Let me know and I'll do it as soon as I have time.

Hi Charlie,

I'm sure you posted that pic about 2-3 years ago when I first joined the forum and asked if anyone had a pictures of Putney Road, thank you again.

Macca

Back