• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Handsworth Cemetery - grave locating

oh so true pete...the saddest thing for me was that little harry was poorly and his parents just could not get to him or attend his funeral..however he is not alone now and will be visited as often as we can

lyn

oh so true pete...the saddest thing for me was that little harry was poorly and his parents just could not get to him or attend his funeral..however he is not alone now and will be visited as often as we can

lyn
At least he has you in his corner and will know his family really cared about him

At least he has you in his corner and will know his family really cared about him
yes thats true pete...just wished our dad was still here so that i could tell him his brother had been found but as you say the next generation knows and its better late than never....good luck with your future searches...

lyn

yes thats true pete...just wished our dad was still here so that i could tell him his brother had been found but as you say the next generation knows and its better late than never....good luck with your future searches...

lyn
Yes I just keep thinking I should have asked more questions when my parents were still with us, my uncle Ron was only twenty eight when he died , and lived opposite Witton cemetery so my first searches were there , then most of the Elliotts were christened at st James Handsworth and a lot of family came from Aston Manor , so I never thought to check Handsworth Cemetery.Further more I didn’t know he was married so now I have other searches on my family tree,will keep you posted

Yes I just keep thinking I should have asked more questions when my parents were still with us, my uncle Ron was only twenty eight when he died , and lived opposite Witton cemetery so my first searches were there , then most of the Elliotts were christened at st James Handsworth and a lot of family came from Aston Manor , so I never thought to check Handsworth Cemetery.Further more I didn’t know he was married so now I have other searches on my family tree,will keep you posted
so the moral of the story pete and sorry for the pun is ...never leave a stone unturned :D

lyn

Back