• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hands Edward / Emma Reddall

jdn5764

master brummie
I have come across on a web site information about my Great Great Grandparents marriage information at All Saints Hockley 12th Feb 1871

Edwards Hands 31 carpenter, lived Little Kings Road, Father Thomas Hands, also carpenter.

Emma Reddall 34 spinster, lived Well Street, Father John Occupation Wire Drawer

Witness Mark Reddall & Sarah Hands,

It states that Edward Hands was a widower. I have looked back on my Hands Census prints out and Edward had left the home in the 1861 census so assuming he was married. Can any one find out who he could have been married to. I did look on Free BMD and found marriages for a Edward Hands in June 1857. Wondered if this could be him.

Any help would be appreciated.

Julie

Re: Edward Hands/Emma Reddall

The marriage in 1857 is Edward Hands to Mary Ann joyce 14th june 1857,Aston
There are far too many Mary Ann Hands deaths between 1857 to 1871 to verify which is the one.
There is a Mary ann joyce birth in West Bromwich 1841.

There is also a marriage 19th July 1870 St Martin Edward Hands /Martha Atkins but there is no death 1870-1871 of Martha Hands.

Last edited:
Back