• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

HANCOCK Electoral roll look up

les hancock

master brummie
Can some one please do an electoral roll look up please. WILLIAM HENRY HANCOCK and Family were livimg at 66 Summerfield Crescent Ladywood in 1901 but had left in 1911. I would like someone to do a look up for the years in between if this is possible. Thanks in advance Les

Re: Electoral roll look up HANCOCK

hi les ;
would you recall stan the cobbler in summefield crescent ;he was there for donkeys years a very nice guy and a true craftman
he used to travel from selly park up to the crescent which was is own bussineshe sold the shop around the eightys
his little empire stood empty for years ; it was only when is lovely wife barbra fell ill with parkinsons deceased he had to give it up and moved to tividale
after selling his big house in selly park for a smaller one a very nice couple indeed his shop was next to the little grocer combined post office on the corner of summerfield crescent and ickneild port rd ; i hope you get your result from our truly mag; researchers ; on this forum astonian

Hi Les
Kellys Commercial - E-K Directory of Birmingham & Suburbs (1904) pages 572 and 573 shows
Hancox William Henry, jun. insurance agent, 23 Grosvenor street, west
And also Harding&Hancox, coach furniture mfrs.23 Grosvenor st.west

Spelt differently, but at same address as 1911 census so I guess this is your family

bewdley

Hi Astonian,

Thaks for your responce, But I have only just recently took a ride down Summerfield Crescent to have a look at the area prior to this I have never been down there before. Therefore I cant help you , Sorry. But you are right, The researchers on this site are mag and I am sure I will get the result I am looking for.
Thanks Les

Hi Bewdley,
Thanks for taking the time to look up my family.
For a moment I thought you had found the family that has eluded me for 3 years, But on closer examination of the 1911 census it isnt them.But I really do appreciate your help
Regards
Les

Back