• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Haddock deaths in Birmingham Workhouse

nimrod1947

master brummie
Hi Folks, not sure if this is the correct area for this post if not, I claim old age, for the mistake. I have a couple who lived in Winson Green and they both ended up in the workhouse. My problem is they both died there and I can't find any record of their burials. I have checked birminghamburialrecords and usually find answers there but not this time. I have a death certificate for Elizabeth Haddock died November 1906 in the workhouse infirmary, her husband Thomas Haddock died in 1911 and he is in the 1911 census record for the workhouse. I am probably missing something obvious but again old age a factor. Hope you can help and Merry Christmas to you all.
Nimrod 1947

I thought I had found Elizabeth under her middle name but further investigation shows I was wrong.

Yes but both deaths are listed so it is just coincidence.
HADDOCK, ANNIE 28
GRO Reference: 1906 D Quarter in ASTON Volume 06D Page 213
HADDOCK, ELIZABETH ANNE 75
GRO Reference: 1906 D Quarter in BIRMINGHAM Volume 06D Page 46

Last edited:
Nimrod, I've moved your thread to our Surname Interests section and added the surname to the title to help in your search for information from others.

Back