• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

H P Sign

That's amazing Sylvia. Ray made use of his "finds" which is great when you have a lot more than a piece of brick or whatever. Better than storing it
and never getting around to using it.

My father built a verandah (now called consevatory) on our house in the 60's. The floor was marble tiles my Dad brought from a church in Birmingham that was being demolished. He laid then rough side up and made a grind stone to polish them. I remember my brothers spending hours grinding this floor it was amazing when finished.

Good news I've just read in the evening mail they are saving the HP sign and giving it to a local museum.

Nice To See Something Is Achieved Through Petitions.and The Gurkha Who Is Allowed To Come To The Uk .
Bloody Big .the Hp Sign

Back