• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Gypsy’s Tent pub Bordesley Green

yes i recall it when john the gaffer with one eye john babbington whom ran it in those days any body got a picture of it

yes i recall it when john the gaffer with one eye john babbington whom ran it in those days any body got a picture of it

The Gypsy's Tent (formerly The Gipsy's Tent) changed its name to The Tipsy Gent but has since closed down.

There is a picture of The Gypsy's Tent in the 70's, an earlier picture of it with the different spelling, The Gipsy's Tent, and a picture of the now derelict The Tipsy Gent here...

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/warwickshire/birmingham_b9_gypsystent.html

I used to go into the gypsies when Lena ran it and when she left John Beckham took it over we used to have some great nights in there

I used to go into the gypsies when Lena ran it and when she left John Beckham took it over we used to have some great nights in there
I also used to drink in there when lena had it it was a great pub then I remember John rackham taking it over we used to play cards in the back room

do know any of the Wale family who were regulars there
What were there first names I used to play cards with Henry,Johnny doyle,Peter crook,and a few others do you remember any of them also used to play darts in the bar and pool

Hi, just been walked past this pub this morning whilst waiting to start a training course. Does anyone know when it closed down? Would also be interested to know when the nearby Station Hotel closed down too. Thanks for reading!

Not a great quality photo, but it shows the locals in 1890. Viv.

44D2CA6D-25AC-47C6-A608-13F65493FA58.jpeg
Source: British Newspaper Archive

Hi Sue. Yes, a massive change to the frontage on both the ground floor and first floor. Viv.

Back