• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Gun Trade Factories

Alfred J. Parker is the son is Alfred G. Parker - one half of the Birmingham Gun Quarter's famous Parker-Hale company. see also

at least it was british made ammo..1973 the cartridge is the second to last year of British made .303 ammunition. The last batch of L9Z blanks and Mk 7 Ball rounds was made in 1974, after that, .303 rounds were supplied from Greece until the .303 was finally retired from service in around 1986/87.

at least it was british made ammo..1973 the cartridge is the second to last year of British made .303 ammunition. The last batch of L9Z blanks and Mk 7 Ball rounds was made in 1974, after that, .303 rounds were supplied from Greece until the .303 was finally retired from service in around 1986/87.

The ammo from Parker would have been circ. 1942. :D:D:D

About the same age as my Lee Enfield.

Steve.

The Bank of england calculator states that the equivalent monetary value to £7 in 1973 would now be £72.44.

That was not the point. The post was meant to show that the cost had increased considerably in real terms. Obviously the comparison is rough as "real terms" is a somewhat difficult thing to determin e

looks to me as though all those other lovely buildings to the left of parkers has also been demolished...how sad

looks to me as though all those other lovely buildings to the left of parkers has also been demolished...how sad

Yes it's 332 - 348 Moseley Rd

Hi,

When I used to shoot at Hurley Range in the 1960s, .303 Mk V11 cartridges cost 3d each!
They came in boxes of 32.

Kind regards
Dave

Back