• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gun Inn, Bath street, birmingham

stevie.b-123

master brummie
hello all,
just found a rele who was a publican at the above pub on the 1911 census. (arthur patrick sutton).
just wondered if anyone might have any pics or further info on the pub. many thanks.
regards, steve.

The pub run by Arthur sutton in 1911 was at no 82, though it is not named in kellys. so i think must be next to St Marys school, as shown on this map in red . so any picture of that school is likely to show the building, even if the pub isn't there.

map_c_1889_showing_gun_Inn_at_no_82_bath_st.jpg

View attachment 77475

Mike

Do you think it might possibly be one of these buildings here, as they start just past St Chads I believe. Though I'm not too sure of the layout of Bath Street prior to the flyover.

Phil

Attachments

• City Bath St 1959.jpg
    City Bath St 1959.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 49
Phil
Didn't go first time. I think your picture is of the end of the Bishops house looking towards Snow hill
mike

Yes Mike, I can see now by looking at other photos that the building to the left of the photo is indeed the Bishops House. Still it was worth a look.

Phil

Back