• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Graham Webb

That's brilliant Jim, thanks for posting the link. It's about time the city recognized Graham's achievements!

I second that Wendy!

Jim, thanks for the link to the article about Graham. Let's hope that Graham gets the recognition he so deserves.

Judy

Jim,

Most weeks I have The Mercury, but I didn't get it today. I shall now! Well done for getting that article in. Birmingham may not have honoured Graham up to now, but it's never too late. Let's hope. Graham dserves it. He's a true champ in more ways than one.
Thanks for posting this link. You must be chuffed yourself.

Ann

Jim, thank you for all you've done.
499177dc-c898-443f-aea1-bc7eca22fff6

Graham.

Well done Jim, looks like Gragam could get recognition at last.

I've got The Mercury now. It's a good article with three photograps, one colour. Nice one!

Ann

Well done Jim,got a bit a of a surprise when I was flicking through this morning and came across Grahams photo.

Great news for Graham and thanks to Jim. Great article to read first thing for me.

Thanks for that Postie at first I thought who is he then kicked myself. Of course it is our Graham [Cad]. Have not bought the Mercury but have asked our son to keep it. Jean.

Good luck to Graham he should have the recognition he deserves for what he acheived,sorry to say some so called celebrities dont get what they deserve which is nothing they appear on tv and then get some award for being Morons

Jim,
thanks for putting that on letts hope this is only the begining and there will be more good news to come very soon.
Fred

Well done Graham... I bet you have never forgotten that day.
Great to see that piece of film history with you as the star.Thanks for posting Frothy.

How wonderful........I missed it's first post probably away. Graham what a champion! Thanks for posting Frothy!

Cadeau, you are held in great esteem by those who know what you have achieved in your lifetime.

Cadeau, you are held in great esteem by those who know what you have achieved in your lifetime.

Thanks Trev and it is not over yet, I still intend doing my bit right up to the end. You lot have rekindled my faith in Brummies and though I may be far away I'm proud to be one of you.
icon12.gif

Graham.

Graham, Don't forget you'r not as young as you were, but if you are serious about not being finished yet then I wish you every success in whatever you are going to attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graham my dear friend, you are not only a great athelete but a wonderful human being as well. Take care my friend. Mabz

hi guys
i hope no-one minds but when i seen the threads on webbs
i emediately thought of webbs the lawn mower makers in
deakin rd witton was there any connections
does any body recal it or ever worked there
i worked there on the night shift when i was in my youth
then i joined my brother tony whom was working across the road at ici or imi he was in the security office gate
i worked on the rolling mills there for years
best wishes astonian ;;;;

to graham,
as ex balsallheath have posted about this "miscarriage" on other sites as well as this one in the hope that someone in the know can do something about it, there are other ex bh people out there who will welcome it, we are scattered all over the globe but still keep in touch via the internet ,the same thoughts apply to members from other areas who are proud of their "roots" good luck to you graham you have earned it , by the way i used to have friends in leamington road, rwm

Back