• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution
C

cydbet

does anyone know anything about the gillon family who used to live in Booth Street, Handsworth until they moved in 50s/60s? There were four children and their mother's name was Florence (Nee) Finnegan. I have been trying to trace them for a long time. I think one daughter was called Margaret and one son was John. Many thanks

Hello & Welcome Cydbet:) You have Booth Street & Gillon surname & 50/60,s time frame
so i suggest that you check the B,ham Electoral Rolls with info aforementioned
This will give you up to what year they(of Voting Ages) left that address
Your local (Handsworth Public Library) or B,ham Central Library has these records.
Probably best to get a Marriage date for Florence(Finnegan) to Mr ? Gillon,
then the birth dates of John, Margaret & other 2 children, this will enble you to "track" them 60,s onwards,
Best regards JohnY:cool:

does anyone know anything about the gillon family who used to live in Booth Street, Handsworth until they moved in 50s/60s? There were four children and their mother's name was Florence (Nee) Finnegan. I have been trying to trace them for a long time. I think one daughter was called Margaret and one son was John. Many thanks
I know l this question was a long time ago but I have just joined and seen it If you are still interested my mother was Florence’s sister and I can tell you all you need to know

I know l this question was a long time ago but I have just joined and seen it If you are still interested my mother was Florence’s sister and I can tell you all you need to know
hi and welcome...cydbet is now only a guest member so unless re joins the forum will not be able to rely to you

lyn

Back