• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

George Arthur Road, Alum Rock.

F

flounder

Hi all,
i am trying to find my godfather, i know he was living in George Arthur Road at the time of my christening June 1971. My mom is unsure of his surname its either Hillman or Millman, not much help is it, i know he married my godmother and had a little boy, but i dont know her name and sadly from what we have been told she passed away in the mid 70's when the baby was quite young.
Thanks
Wendy.xxx

Hello Wendy,

My husband Robert Jenkins was born at 24 George Arthur Road in 1943, but he left there when we were married in 1963. We still know a few people who were there after he left, I will see if any of them know the name you are looking for.

Regards Rita

His wife's name was Kath, she was my godmother, he lived there with his mother, think he moved out at one point, then when his wife passed away, he moved back so his mother could help with the baby. Mom said she thinks it was no.60 something (mothers?! Who'd av em?!) lol

Thanks you.
Wendy.xxx

Back