• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gangs of Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys
just going through the threads on here about the gangs of yester years and the police having to tackle the problems
i think they done a great job ; and they still do and they are under pressure and un appreciated by the people of today i think
in the days of peaky blinders my grand father was a servng officier in those days and it was not as half bad as the police have got to deal with today
i also had a cousin whom was a serving police officier in walsall many years back in the sixtys whom got kiled in a police car chase whom they was pursueing
but eventualy they caught the culprits ;
and on that subject ; if anybody recalls the sixtys there was a load of crooks ;and gangs ;
there was at one period during the sixties was named as the pay day gang whom every thursdat and friday would hit and robba security money van with out fail for about 12 months ;every week with out fail they ould hit aq high security van ;and they was known for using the old cortina cars which in its day was a high performance get away car for 12 months every wek they got away with millions but in the end the police started to hit back and eventualy round the gang up and i can tell you they was from the aston and hockley areas of brum where they was all living so in a sence they was like the peaky blinders ; only the name was the cheeky blighter really ;
now the police are dealing with differents crimes and different breed of criminals 9n our society ; and we should commend our police forces across the board
best wishes to every one and i wish you all a merry christmas and a healthy and prosperous new year and remember security is the word protect your home and valuables
at all times ; Astonian;
Astonian, I can assure you, that you do not know the real story, Believe me, you are so far off the mark, It's untrue!

Yes they have.more opportuntuitys now days to progress and plus the divions are being cut and moved around and
Partly its the cuts like most business and the army fresh blood lines needed just like the fire brigade ageisam
At sixty they cannot carry another person up a ladde and out of afire building
Its youth today needed and knew tecnic for fighting the our days of crime new type of crimes now and it involves technology
To fight back gone are the days of speaker blighters my friend best wishes Astonian,,,,,',

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back