• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Froggatt Florence 1949 Peel Street

A

andy brum

Can any one help us with information on Florence Froggatt of Peel St circa 1949. My father was born to her but was given for adoption soon after birth.
We know they lived around 55 Peel Street in a shop with her sisters and mother. look forward to any assistance,

Re: Florence Froggatt 1949 Peel Street

Hi Andy B
I have a Florence Froggatt in my family tree. a First cousin once removed. Is 1949 the date of Florences birth?
If so, it is much later than mine.who was born Ca 1905.
She married an Ernest Holt who did a runner, leaving her with at least a young daughter named Betty.

Dave

hi andy brum
I Andy brum I Do Not Know The Florence Froggat Of Peel Street Personaly
But The Frogatt Family Lived In Peel Stret Winson Green During The Fifties And The Sixties Even Later And One Of The Sibblings Was Called Alfie He Kept A Motor Bike
And He And Is Friends Always Kept There Triumphs In Imacular Condition
They Lived At The Top End Next To THE Shop By The Pub Which Was At The Top End Of Peel Street And At The Junction Of Landsdowne Rd Winson Green
Every body Knew The Froggatts They Was A Respectal Hard Working Family
Best Wishes Astonian ,;;

Hi dave ,

we have just had contact today from someone who has given us some infomation. Florence Froggatt was married to Alfred and had two sons 1946 Alfred and then Charles 1946- he was adopted for some reason.

Florence b1920 maiden name was Gurden and the family had a grocer store 139 Peel St.

Alfred died 2002.

I dont know if that fits with what you have told me Dave.

Hi,
this was my fathers brother, Alf was born in 1946. My dad was born in 1949 and for some reason was given for adoption. We cant find out why. Alf married Linda Wickham and had two daughters in the 70's. Alf died 2002 but Andy is still alive.
Florence Froggatt was Gurden and her family owned the grocery shop at 139 Peel St.

If you wish to obtain your fathers original birth certificate he was registered 1st quarter Jan/Feb/Mar 1949 birmingham
Graham C Froggatt mothers maiden name Gurden
ref. 9c 145.

hi andy
i am very sorry to hear about alf and linda as i knew them very well
as i was growing up and even in my later years i am from the winson green area
and i was very well known in the area i have learnt of quite afew old friends of mine and one or two friends have passed away from aberdeen st and peel st alf liked a drink it would always be out side the robert peel pub in the street with his friends bikes as well best wishes in getting the certif; of floe linda was always in the leathers on the back of alfies bike they was dedicated to each other and they was always polishing the bike , have a nice day best wishes astonian ,''

the story so far... Florence Gurden(b1920) married Alf Froggatt and lived in Peel Street Birmingham.
Alf Froggatt jnr was born 1946-2002 but Alf snr died before young Alf was born. Three years later Charles Froggatt was born father unknown and was put up for adoption.
Florence then remarried to William Perry and had a daughter Dorothy J Perry born 1958.
Thats all we have leant so far but thanks to all who have contacted me, if anyone else knows anything please get in touch.

I have found, in my late father's photography collection - a wedding invitation for a wedding between Miss Millicent Froggart (Froggat?) to Mr William Bradshaw on Aug 31st 1899 - ceremony at the Darby Hand Chapel, Netherton. I cannot find anything on marriage censuses or anything related to them - birth/death etc. Wondered if anyone has any links? I understand the chapel now is situated in the Black Country Museum! I must go and visit, Many thanks

Back