• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Friends of the Centre for First World War Studies

maz_beth

master brummie
I just came across this while continuing my research...
apologies if it has already been posted about on here or is well known... (please delete my post if this is the case :) )

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/warstudies/staff/friends/index.aspx

from the page

The Centre is not just for ‘experts’ but is also open to interested lay people. Friends of the Centre will receive regular up-dates, they will have their own newsletter they will be eligible to attend the Centre’s Day Schools and other activities at discounted rates. They will be invaluable in fulfilling the aim of establishing the Centre as the best of its kind in the world.
Application forms can be obtained from: [email protected]
or by filling in the Friends Application Form

it looks interesting.

I am not sure how "alive" the Friends or even the Centre is. Up to about two years ago it was a thriving and very active community, but since then two or three very prominent members of the university staff who were the main drivers of it have either retired or moved elsewhere. A similar thing is now developing at Wolverhampton University.

Back