• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

French Postcards.

wotsinaname

Brummie Born and Bred
NO! probably not the ones you may have been thinking of :D.

These were sent from France by my Grandfather on the birth of my Mother in 1915 and for two other Birthdays. the Royal Engineers one is most likely one just brought back from France.

They are all lovely both of you. I have a silk embroidere hanky still in its wrappings. Will sort it out and scan it. bye. Jean.

The cards are just beautiful. I used to do a lot of embroidery when I was young. I really appreciate you both posting these for us to see.

It took me a second to realize the card are embroidered, they are beautiful and the colors are still so bright, just wonderful thanks for post them annie

I think all those cards are treasures and real keep sakes to pass on - just lovely

Nick your card is just beautifull such fine needle work a real treasure.

NO! probably not the ones you may have been thinking of :D.

These were sent from France by my Grandfather on the birth of my Mother in 1915 and for two other Birthdays. the Royal Engineers one is most likely one just brought back from France.

I found one of those at my nan's it was sent by my Great Grandfather in the war, it was very touching to find it as he'd died in the war, and it was probably the only thing left with his handwriting on

Found this in nans tin today. It says to mom with love from your loving son Norman. I think it is silk and hand embroidered. TTFN. Jean.

Back