• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Frederick Griffiths

JoanH

knowlegable brummie
Hi Gillian, its so good to know there are intelligent [people out there, Ive only been doing this searching 18mnths so have so much to lean.
Firstly I would like to see where my dad was living between 1920-30 his name was Matthew Edward Victor Hunt, unfortunately I understand that he did some boxing around the fair grounds and used the name Williams, though I shouldnt think he would on a voting form.
Secondly Frederick Griffiths he lived at 123 Sandy Lane Camphill Birmingham.
Do you know if like today, when an electorial form comes you have to put all names on the form who are at that address at the time, If this is so it would solve all my problems as it would name the 12 children, all aunts and uncles I am searching for:)
I am going to thank you in advance as I feel you are being very kind to me and its what I need at the moment. Kind regards JoanH

Hi Joan:) Ive checked the Electoral Rolls and can only find two documents. Both are from the 1920 rolls:

1) Frederick George Griffiths 5 Camp Hill

2) Frederick ArthurGriffiths 123 Sandy Lane

I've attached both for you to look at to see if either one is the right one

I've searched for Matthew Edward Victor Hunt and also Matthew Williams and even tried spelling Matthew as Mathew and tried M Hunt and M Williams and I cannot find anyone coming up that's anywhere near close. Do you have any other information to go on. Was he married to your Mom then or did he live with his own Mom and Dad?

If you can add anything else, I'll have another look for you :):)

:) Hi Gillian, many thanks for the Voting Lists.
They are of some help to me On the Camp Hill Roll they name William Griffiths, Annie and Frederick Griffiths, that qwill need checking as the William I have was not born until 1930 and there is no mention of Harriot Freds Wife as on the Sandy Lane o ne.
As there was no Census in 1941 perhaps 1951 may be of more help to me iof you dont mind the hassle. I was always under the imprssion there were only 12 children in the family from 23 brothers (Griffiths) but going through Ancestry I have found 2 more so am really struggling now to put things into perspective, if the 1951 or there abouts is available it would help solve the puzzle:redface: I feel like this asking for help. My problem is living in Somerset otherwise I would be living in the Central Library.:rolleyes: Doing three trees is sure making my eyes roll!!!
Kind regards JoanH

Re: Electorial Rolls To Gillian Atkins

Hi many thanks for the info you vvery kindly sent me on Elec. Rolls. a Great help.
I also had info from Icarus which helped no end. I did forget to mention in my last message about my dad Matthew Edward Victor Hunt he married mom 31 March 1932 first child born 1933 myself 1936 in Stafford Street Centre of Brum then moved to Kingston Road Small Heath until being bombed out we moved to Sparkbrook.
Any help would be eternally appreciated. JoanH

Re: Electorial Rolls - To Icarus

:redface: Bu golly you make me feel ashamed, I couldnt even find that info on Ancestry, I really dont know how you are finding this information. But well Don.
With regard to the previous electorial rolls you kindly sent up to 39 I didnt notice a William, should he have been on there even though he was born in 1930?

I am also puzzled buy the sheet Marked Camp Hill, it doesnt show Hatrriot but it does an Sarah Ann also and Annie There is a William on that page at No 5 but not knowing the year cant tell if its the b.....r Ive been chasing for the past 2 years. However, Cheers Brains you sure have helped me. JoanH

William would not appear on electoral rolls until 1951. No-one under the age of 21 was recorded - until after 1969 when voting age was reduced to 18).

Back