• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Frantic's Pets

Plenty of those around Di, but not ours. I didn't have room to post the rest of the pets. 4 horses and a cat as well.

this is a photo of my pet hedgehog hoggle,
he cleared off last year and i hope he will
come back this year,i do miss him so,
i,m fillin up now :cry::cry: bye dereklcg.

Last edited:
:)My sons hasn't showed up yet. Good job because they rekon if they come out too soon eat then go back into hibernation their system shuts down and the food in their gut cannot be digested and just rots. It was on the Ed Doolan show a few weeks ago. A lady from the hedgehog rescue was on. Very interesting. Our two tortoises don't hibernate like they used to and as soon as they wake up I start feeding them and make sure they stay awake even though it meens them stay in the living room. People don't believe me when I say they are house trained. When they are ready to do their doings they go through to the back door. TTFN. Jean.:)

We have a badger (Billy!) that visits every night for his peanut butter sandwich or some sugar puffs and peanuts.
Badgers are normally very shy and fearful of humans, but this one watches from the top of the garden if we're a bit late putting his supper out. We live in an ordinary house on an ordinary estate in Kidderminster - but the fields (and railway banks) aren't too far away and the soil's very sandy. We feel very priviledged...but have to make sure he (or she?) doesn't get too dependant on our food, so we'll cut the supplies down to a minimum as the summer comes (if ever does come!):(

That's great Charlie, and a bit special to be able to see a badger in your garden, eating what you put out for him:)

Back