• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Former Midland Red Bus Garage Ditherington Road, Shrewsbury

horsencart

master brummie
The former Midland Red bus garage Ditherington Road, Shrewsbury is thought to be demolished in Oct (2012)
as another one bites the dust

Work to start on the demolishing the former bus garge is to start on monday the 5 Oct the "Midland" concrete plinth? that is at the top to the garage is to be donated to BaMMOT there you that is how things should be

An odd section of wall at the former Midland Red   Bus Garage Shrewsbury.jpgStill visible in the Concrete  Birmingham and Midland  Motor Omnibus Co Ltd    Former Midland Re.jpgIs is known why the Midland Red Decided to build a brick alcove into the front of the garage? the only thing missing a a statue to in honour the traveler, the photo of the Plinth/ has the words "The Birmingham and Midland Motor Ominibus Co Ltd" I think it was damaged when a sign was put in over it (Arriva) I have been told that the plan is try and save it,

It was not possible to save one of the three "MIDLANDS" I was told that al that they did was to tap the brickwork and the whole lot fell to the ground, it was also not possible to save the plinth with the BMMO inscribed on it on it, but you can see about a third of it as it is now in the rock garden of a ARRIVA driver in Shrewsbury

One of the last two "MIDLAND" is now safely on the floor in three parts, I should think that the next "MIDLAND" will come down on Monday? by tuesday there will not be much left of the former garage

The garage has now gone the two "MIDLAND" have been saved and are on the floor waiting to be picked up, I have taken loads of photos and video of the demolition

The garage has now gone the two "MIDLAND" have been saved and are on the floor waiting to be picked up, I have taken loads of photos and video of the demolition

Shame, another bit of our heritage gone. Where can we see your photos & videos

The photos should be in one or two Transport Magazines over the next few weeks/months there are no plans to put the photos/Videos on the the interweb as yet, I have now got the video down to the video last for about 35 mins, and shows the demolition of the garage, the video of Tyburn Road so far last abot 20 mins and show one of roof steel work falling to the ground (righ place, right time,) the hope is to put the photos of all the garage that I have filmed and photographed, on to the interweb, about ten or so, one of the first but not the first is the demolishing of the Midland Red garage in Wolverhampton (Bilston St)

Shame, another bit of our heritage gone. Where can we see your photos & videos

The photos should be in one or two Transport Magazines over the next few weeks/months there are no plans to put the photos/Videos on the the interweb as yet, I have now got the video down to the video last for about 35 mins, and shows the demolition of the garage, the video of Tyburn Road so far last abot 20 mins and show one of roof steel work falling to the ground (righ place, right time,) the hope is to put the photos of all the garage that I have filmed and photographed, on to the interweb, about ten or so, one of the first but not the first is the demolishing of the Midland Red garage in Wolverhampton (Bilston St)

Don't want to go off thread, but just got back from Tyburn road garage. The coat of arms is safely down. 9 separate pieces, 12 inches thick life size figures, fantasic sight. Photos to follow.

Back