• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Field

cabman2

knowlegable brummie
Any info please on George Henry Field. Died 1932 in Birmingham think came from Bromsgrove very grateful if anyone can elp

1911 Bk 19 Doe street, Birmingham

George Henry field age 30 b Catshill Worcs, labourer in Gas works
Lillie age 23 (Lillie Stanford married 1908)
Lilian May age 2
George H age 1 month
other children to Field /Stanford after 1911 census
Winifred ,Walter, William,Alice, Ethel, Reginald , Rose

1901 George is living in Windsor Street as a boarder in the home of William Field age 29 maybe cousin not brother George was the eldest in his family.

1891 Stourbridge road Catshill
James field 54
Eglah Field 57
(nee Eglah Smallwodd)
George field age 10 grandson
James and Eglah had 3 sons Walter Henry 1861,Josiah 1866, Abel 1871

1881 Church road , Bromsgrove
Walter henry Field age 20
Martha age 20
George Henry age 11 months

Last edited:
Don't know how you do it ! Thank again. Odd names people had in those days. I was born 1939 in Windsor street where the family moved to .

If she was born in the workhouse I would imagine it was the workhouse hospital because George appears to have been employed before and after the marriage.

Georges mother was Martha Taylor who married Walter in 1879.

Eglah not a name I have ever come across but checked and there are hundreds in records.

Last edited:
If she was born in the workhouse I would imagine it was the workhouse hospital because George appears to have been employed before and after the marriage.Georges mother was Martha Taylor who married Walter in 1879.Eglah not a name I have ever come across but checked and there are hundreds in records.
Good thinking ! Hospital would makes sense if George was working .

Back