• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Field family in the late 19th & early 20th century in Birmingham

pooley35

proper brummie kid
I am researching the Field family who lived in Gooch Street at the turn of the century. They also resided in Bissell Street and Wrentham Street so they seem to have stayed in the same area for quite a long time. Three of the daughters were employed as French Polishers, I believe one of the firms they worked for was called Wales who I think manufactured furniture and beds.:

In 1900 the only firm named Wale. Wales or Whales who might fit is T.E.Wale & Son, mattress & bedding manufactiurers Atlas Works , Oozell St

Somehow I knew it would be mikejee who would help me with the firm I was looking for, thank you mikejee for that you certainly are a grandmaster of everything Brummie. Knowing where they lived it seems certain that this is the firm they worked for. All I need now is someone to remember the family.

Back